Pages

Monday 23 November 2020

The Volcano Experiment

 


Have you ever made a volcano? Well I have and it was amazing!


Yesterday was Thursday the 15th of October and in the morning I came to school and greeted my teacher Mrs Kumar and my friends then Mrs Kumar said ‘’We are going to make a volcano‘’. My friends and I got very excited and couldn’t wait until 11:00 am because that was when we were going to do the experiment. When the first break had finished Mrs Kumar had rounded up the whole class she finally spilled the beans and told us the ingredients. The ingredients were (1) white vinegar (2) Baking soda and (3) food colouring.


By the time Mrs Kumar had finished telling us the ingredients it was 11:00am and time to do the experiment. I was so excited. Mrs Kumar told Room 8 to make a nice line so we could go outside. While Mrs Kumar went quickly to get the ingredients for the experiment all the kids started talking all at once and it got really noisy. Then Mrs Kumar got back. She shushed us quickly and we all went outside to do the experiment. We all crowded around Mrs Kumar to see what was going to happen. 


First Mrs Kumar explained what she was going to do. Finally Mrs Kumar was putting in the ingredients first she put in the baking soda then the food colouring and last but not least the white vinegar. We all waited for what felt like an eternity and then … it exploded into blue foam. It was big bubbly blue foam. We all went wow even me! It was just like a volcano eruption and we all heard a fizzing sound. Once the foam had disappeared we went inside and we all were talking excitedly about the experiment. Then Mrs Kumar told us to go on our chromebook and do some planning. It felt like I had been to the moon and back because it was so much fun. Do you know why there was an eruption well if you don’t it’s because of a chemical reaction between the baking soda and the vinegar and it creates a gas called carbon dioxide. After the experiment I felt happy because I had never seen a volcano before in real life.




F - for

A - and

N - nor

B - but/ because

O - or

Y - yet

S - so



No comments:

Post a Comment